Alex Treece, the cofounder of Zabo, joins the show. We discuss his motivations for founding Zabo and revisit his body of work evaluating crypto’s qualities as an asset class.
- How a background in private equity equipped him to think about crypto as a asset class
- Why Alex founded his startup, Zabo
- Why there are so few successful examples of utility tokens, even after thousands of attempts
- How tokens sit in the asset class taxonomy
- Why token value accretion is reliant on an informal contract with the issuer
- Distinctions between tokens that represent real world securities and natively accretive cash flow tokens which resemble securities
- Why he’s thinks that blockbuster token sales are a thing of the past
- Revisiting his old prediction that Bitcoin would outperform in a recession
About Zabo: Zabo is a startup founded in September 2019 to tackle one of the most critical, missing pieces of infrastructure in the crypto industry: an API for connecting to the fragmented and evolving landscape of cryptocurrency accounts, wallets and protocols. Zabo recently announced the close of a $2.5m round of financing.
Follow Alex on Twitter.