Steven Goldfeder is Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Offchain Labs, the team building Arbitrum. In this episode we discuss:
- Steven’s academic background, and his work at Princeton University.
- BlockSci, an early blockchain forensics/search product that Steven co-founded.
- The evolution of MPC custody and the exciting developments in that category.
- The Flash Boys 2.0 paper and the current state of MEV.
- Steven’s views on the evolution of L1 smart contract platforms and how L2 scaling is shaping up.
- The design choices and considerations that went into the choice of optimistic vs. zero-knowledge rollups on Arbitrum.
- The future of ZK systems on blockchains.
To learn more about Arbitrum and follow Steven visit www.offchainlabs.com