Alexandra DaCosta (CEO) and David Yi (Chief Commercial Officer) join the show to talk about Aspen Creek Digital Corp.’s fundraise and their model for additive renewable mining. In this episode:
- What was it like raising for a mining firm in this environment
- David and Alexandra’s backgrounds and how the came to cofound ACDC
- Why ACDC is pursuing a ‘power first’ model and what that means
- ACDC’s wind, solar, and battery approach to energy
- Why ACDC focuses on additional, new renewable generation
- How mining behind the meter with renewable sources actually works
- Why intermittency of wind and solar is not a dealbreaker for Bitcoin miners
- The merits of going behind the meter for a Bitcoin miner
- The importance of the Inflation Reduction Act for renewables
- Industries are becoming more location agnostic overall
- Are Bitcoin miners doing a sufficiently good job of disclosures around their energy mix?
- What is the feasibility of batteries at grid scale?
- Are Bitcoin miners interfering with the market signal indicating where transmission should be built?
- How Aspen Creek pairs demand response with renewable incentivization
- How Aspen Creek affects power prices paid by households
- Aspen Creek’s fundraise announcement
- ACDigitalCorp website
Intro and outro music: Daniel Allan’s Collage #344