Chris Blec is a researcher and the founder of DeFi Watch, a project dedicated to identifying points of centralization and risk factors in DeFi, in particular the presence of admin keys. In this episode:
- How Chris got interested in DeFi
- How he first noticed the risk of admin key usage
- The changing nature of admin keys and multisigs
- Whether project multisigs reduce dependence on trust
- Why worry about Admin keys in the first place?
- Have DeFi projects improved their key management and trustlessness over time?
- Chris’ letter to 0xPolygon
- Chris’ plans with DeFi Watch
- Should Bitcoiners care about DeFi? About admin key failures?
- Why transparency is a self-regulatory measure
Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets by developing award-winning custody and next-gen trading infrastructure. Headquartered in London, the firm is scaling rapidly across Asia and North America to bring its suite of products to a wider pool of institutional investors. To learn more visit copper.co or reach out on Twitter, @CopperHQ
Aave is a decentralized, open source, and non-custodial protocol where users can deposits and borrow digital assets, and earn interest on those assets. Head over to aave.com to experience and learn more about DeFi.