In the second episode in our modular blockchain mini-series, we sat down with John Adler, the inventor of optimistic rollups and co-founder of Fuel and Celestia. Fuel is the fastest execution layer for the modular blockchain stack. The technology enables parallel transaction execution and offers flexible throughput and the highest security required to scale. FuelVM offers developers a superior experience and the ability to go beyond limitations faced by the EVM and other virtual machines. In this conversation, we discuss:
- The importance of data availability for maintaining censorship resistance
- Fuel as a modular execution layer with configurable consensus, data availability, and settlement
- Why Fuel Labs is building the entire blockchain stack to offer the best possible developer and user experience
- How FuelVM supports parallel transaction execution and other notable improvements over EVM
To learn more about some of the concepts we cover, here are a few incremental resources John mentions in the episode.
- John Adler: Wait, it’s all resource pricing?
- John Adler: Secure Off-chain Data Availability for Rollups
- John Adler: FuelVM Bootcamp
Intro/outro track: OmgKirby #664 (used with permission)