- The purpose of Urbit
- How the power of internet oligopolies has been recently revealed in the last few months
- Does the internet of today resemble the internet of 1994?
- The problem with having a single ToS/legal system for major internet platforms
- What’s new with Urbit since our last Urbit episode in 2019
- How hosting makes Urbit much more user friendly
- Urbit’s governance system and how it contrasts from the feudal model on Twitter
- Galen’s political taxonomy for Urbit – and where galaxies and stars fit in to this
- How internet platforms are like living in Vegas
- Whether users literally own their handles on internet platforms
- The politicization of internet infrastructure
- How resistant is Urbit itself to deplatforming at the infrastructure level
- Whether there is any irony in Urbit offering hosting for users
- Galen’s view on data portability legislation
- The near term roadmap for Urbit
- The distinction between Tlon and Urbit
- How to get started with Urbit
Apply to Urbit hosting here.
See our prior Urbit episode with Christian Langalis and Logan Allen here.