Last updated: March 8, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Castle Island Ventures. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us via our contact form.
Our Commitment to You
Castle Island Ventures is committed to protecting and managing personally identifiable information you share with us (any information by which you can be identified, such as name, address, email address and telephone number). You are very important to us and we want to know who you are, but not abuse the use of the information you give us. All of the Site can be visited without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. To protect your privacy, we have adopted the following principles:
- When we collect personal information from you, it is our intent to inform you before we do that and to tell you what we intend to do with the information. You will have the option to “opt out” of certain uses of the information. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit and benefit from the content on this Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services.
- We will take appropriate steps to protect the information you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law.
- We are committed to privacy and will only use the information you provide us as you request.
- Personal data will only be processed fairly and lawfully
- We do not collect any more personal data than is necessary to provide the services
- We only use your personal data for the purposes we specify in this Privacy Notice, unless you agree otherwise
- We do not keep your personal information if it is no longer needed
- You can have your data updated at any time
- You can remove your data at any time
- You can request a copy of the data we store on you at any time
- Personal data is securely stored and managed
What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect and maintain personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when posting comments on our blog or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make and the features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following
- First and last name
- Postal address
- Phone numbers
- Website URL
- E-mail address
In order to communicate with us or to use our services, you may be prompted to provide certain personal data in the following ways:
- By filling in forms (i.e. a “Contact Us” form) on our websites or anywhere else we conduct business
- By subscribing to our podcast, newsletters or commenting on our blog posts
- Interact with us using social media
- By corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using our contact details
Typically, the personal data you give us may include name, email address and phone number and any other personal details required to provide marketing services.
Information automatically collected
Castle Island Ventures automatically collects information when you visit, use or navigate the Site. This non-personally identifying information, collected through the use of Google Analytics, does not reveal your specific identity but may include:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site, if any.
- The type of web browsing software and operating system you are using to view our site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit on our site.
- The amount of time spent on the site.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site and to better understand how our visitors use our Websites.
Throughout the Site there may be forms to request information, products and services. These forms typically ask for personally-identifying information (such as your phone, address or e-mail address). Contact information from these forms is used to send the information that you request.
Information collected from other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
How we use your information
We use your personal data we collect to:
- Conduct and develop our business with you
- Operate, evaluate, maintain, improve and develop the Site (including by monitoring and analyzing trends, access to, and use of the websites for advertising and marketing)
- Monitor, carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking (i.e. Google Analytics for sites pages tracking), provided that in such circumstances it is on an aggregated basis which will not be linked back to you or anyone else
- Engage and educate you about our services
- Provide you with documentation or communications which you have requested
- Correspond with you to resolve your queries or complaints
- Provide you with any services you request
- Send you marketing communications, where it is lawful for us to do so
Will your information be shared with anyone?
We will never share your personal data, or otherwise make your personal data available to any third parties for the purposes of marketing or targeting you. We will not sell, rent, or exchange your personal data with any third-parties. If, for whatever reason this needs to change in the future, we would never do so without your express permission.
How long do we keep your information?
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide services to you
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance
If none of these criteria apply, we commit to purging any Personal Data no later than 24 months following your latest interaction/exchange with our services.
How do we keep your information safe?
All of your Personal Data remain private and confidential. We follow generally accepted standards to protect personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
Third Party Websites
The Site may contain links to third-party websites and applications of interest, including advertisements and external services, that are not affiliated with us. Once you have used these links to leave our Site, any information you provide to these third parties is not covered by this Privacy Notice, and we cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of your information. Before visiting and providing any information to any third-party websites, you should inform yourself of the privacy policies and practices (if any) of the third party responsible for that website, and should take those steps necessary to, in your discretion, protect the privacy of your information. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other sites, services or applications that may be linked to or from our Site.
Your privacy rights
As our Client or User, you have the right to:
- Be informed about the processing of your personal data
- Object to or restrict processing of your personal data
- Ask for a copy of the information about the data we store on you at any time
- Correct, update, amend, or remove personal data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
Opting out of email marketing
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, by updating your communications preferences via our email service provider, or by contacting us via our contact form. You will then be removed from the marketing email list.
- Weekly Roundup 08/05/22 (BlackRock jumps in, CFTC oversight bill, ETH PoW forks?) (EP.338)
- Weekly Roundup 07/29/22 (Physical NFTs, SEC investigates Coinbase, Stablecoin Legislation) (EP.337)
- Itai Turbahn and Yoni Goldberg (Dynamic) on wallet-based logins (EP.336)
- Weekly Roundup 07/22/22 (More insider trading, SEC regulates via enforcement, more 3AC shenanigans) (EP. 335)
- Weekly Roundup 07/15/22 (Celsius files Chapter 11, 3AC not cooperating, Circle clarifies USDC reserves) (EP.334)
- Weekly Roundup 07/08/22 (Voyager files for Chap. 11, 3AC files Chap. 15, EU agrees on MiCA regulation) (EP.333)