Wyoming state senator and Minority Floor Leader in the Wyoming Senate, Chris Rothfuss joins the show. We cover Wyoming’s crypto efforts to date to create a stable and secure digital asset ecosystem. In this episode:
- Senator’s Rothfuss’ pre-politics career and how he came to grapple with the crypto space
- Why Wyoming has an opportunity in digital asset policy
- The origins of Wyoming’s blockchain select committee
- How the NY Bitlicense inspired Wyoming’s efforts
- Why crypto policy isn’t politically polarized in Wyoming
- Wyoming’s foundational move to recognize digital assets under the uniform commercial code
- The origin of the SPDI charter
- Is there a future for the SPDI given that the Fed is denying master accounts?
- How Wyoming’s SPDI emerged as a consequence of Chokepoint 1.0
- Is the Fed blocking state charters unconstitutional?
- Wyoming’s Stable Token Act and the prospects for that product
- How the WY Stable Token could be a huge windfall for Wyoming – and where the revenues would be directed
- How Wyoming is thinking about the permissionless qualities of the stable token