Matt and Nic return for a huge week of news and a big CIV announcement. In this episode:
- Matt scans the Coinbase QR code ad
- The post-Superbowl backlash against crypto ads
- Is there any hope for music NFTs
- Castle Island announces a third fund
- Binance buys a stake in Forbes
- Is Circle a bet on interest rates?
- Our thoughts on BlockFi’s settlement with the SEC
- Does the SEC’s BlockFi settlement create a regulatory moat for larger lenders?
- What happens to DeFi in the wake of the BlockFi settlement?
- Canada weaponizes all financial services against truckers and donors
- Miners are once again active in Inner Mongolia – with a catch
- The etymology of tantalizing
Content mentioned in this episode:
- Bloomberg, Castle Island announces Third Fund
- CIV on Medium, Announcing Castle Island Ventures III
- Hester Peirce, Statement on Settlement with BlockFi Lending LLC
- Fireblocks is an enterprise-grade platform delivering a secure infrastructure for moving, storing, and issuing digital assets. Learn more at fireblocks.com
Intro and outro track credit: OmgKirby Genesis #326