Nic and Matt return for another wild week. In this episode:
- OTB theme music controversy
- Is Bitcoin a risk off asset
- Ukraine raises crypto to fund the war effort
- Why Ukrainians were better positioned to deal with a banking sector failure
- The U.S. cuts Russia out of SWIFT (mostly)
- Can the U.S. pull the SWIFT deplatforming again?
- Will gold be remonetized?
- Metamask, Infura, and Opensea are banned in Iran and Venezuela
- Why the cost of running a full node matters
- Can NFTs be securities?
- Is Russia evading sanctions with crypto?
- Powell’s comment on multiple reserve currencies
- JP Schnapper-Casteras in the New Atlanticist, Here’s why crypto won’t save the Kremlin from sanctions
- Jon Sindreu in the WSJ, If Russian Currency Reserves Aren’t Really Money, the World Is in for a Shock
- Fireblocks is an enterprise-grade platform delivering a secure infrastructure for moving, storing, and issuing digital assets. Learn more at fireblocks.com
Intro and outro track credit: OmgKirby Genesis #326