Matt and Nic are back for another tumultuous week of news and deals. In this episode:
- Nic’s Vespa crisis
- FTX crime family update
- Grayscale’s oral arguments go well against the SEC in the GBTC case
- Binance.US wins the right to buy the Voyager assets in court
- NYAG sues Kucoin and alleges that ETH is a security
- Silvergate is undergoing an orderly wind-down of the bank
- Why did Silvergate really collapse?
- Why are regulators trying to precipitate bank runs?
- Structural issues explaining why Silvergate’s deposits were so correlated
- SVB experiences a bank run
- Are the Silvergate and SVB difficulties warning sights that the Fed’s rate regime can’t last?
- How Banks Fail, by Austin Campbell