Nic and Matt return for news and deals of the week. In this episode:
- Matt’s takeaways from the Medici conference
- The rapid growth of ZKPs
- We review Brink Nation posts on GM
- We look back at the history of the FUD dice
- Are tungsten dice possible?
- Big thunderstorm in Miami
- Is the crypto industry sitting out the recession?
- We consider the merits of virtual real estate
- Does proximity matter in the metaverse?
- Metaverse land rights and NIMBYism
- The Bitcoin Mining Council letter to the EPA and what motivated it
- Ohio’s primary yields an entirely pro-crypto field
- CBOE acquires ErisX
- Goldman takes out a Bitcoin-collateralized USD loan
- Jane Street dives into DeFi
- The SEC doubles the size of its cyber unit
- CA issues an EO on the crypto industry
- The Dept. of Labor criticizes Fidelity for their Bitcoin 401k product
- The IMF criticizes the Central African Republic’s adoption of Bitcoin
- The divergence between public and private valuations in crypto and equities, and why they can’t always be arbitraged away
- Prominent Bitcoiners’ letter to the EPA to respond to Rep. Huffman’s letter