Matt and Nic are back for another week of news and deals. In this episode:
- Coin Metrics derives new estimates of Bitcoin’s electricity consumption
- Nic reviews his Lasik experience
- Matt takes Prometheum to task
- Is Prometheum a patsy for the SEC?
- Why is vaporware being elevated by the SEC and major exchanges being stymied?
- We digest the Hinman emails and what they mean for ETH and XRP
- What do the Hinman emails mean for the SEC’s
- The SEC attempts to make DeFi protocols register as exchanges
- Blackrock is about to file a renewed application for a Bitcoin ETF
- Reps Davidson and Emmer’s SEC Stabilization Act
- Hong Kong is pressuring banks to service crypto firms
- Coindesk gets their hands on the NYAG’s Tether reports
- Abra is in trouble
- Coin Metrics STATE OF THE NETWORK – The Signal & the Nonce, Re-imagined
- In this issue of State of the Network, we showcase a novel analysis that sheds light on Bitcoins energy consumption, efficiency and e-waste