Nic and Matt return for deals and news of the week. In this episode:
- What’s the biggest story with Bukele that isn’t being covered?
- Is Bukele motivated by a sanctions threat from the US?
- Will Salvadorians use the Lightning Network?
- How Bitcoin elevates heads of state in the popular consciousness
- Nic’s paper on DeFi protocol risks
- The SEC’s year-ahead agenda has no mention of Bitcoin
- The NY anti-mining bill fails
- The World Bank joins the IMF in spurning El Salvador
- Is the Salvadorian law a ‘forced tender law’?
- Max Raskin in the WSJ: A Global First: Bitcoin as National Currency
- Nic Carter and Linda Jeng: DeFi Protocol Risks: the Paradox of DeFi
This episode supported by:
- Eventus, the leading global provider of multi-asset class trade surveillance, transaction monitoring and market risk solutions. Its award-winning trade surveillance platform is easy to deploy, customize and operate. Eventus is proven in the most complex, high-volume and real-time environments and supports many of the industry’s leading crypto exchanges including Coinbase, Gemini, ErisX and OSL. Find them at onthebrink.link/eventus