Matt and Nic are back with more news and deals. In this episode:
- Matt’s op-ed in Coindesk
- SAB121 is still bad
- SEC scope creep
- We investigate PayPal’s stablecoin
- Why would PayPal want to issue a stablecoin?
- What does PYUSD mean for Operation Choke Point for 2.0?
- Why PYUSD is being launched on Ethereum
- Crypto as a flashpoint for state versus federal banking oversight
- The Fed’s new crypto oversight program
- Banks still can’t issue stablecoins in the US
- Ryan Salame reemerges
- What will become of Ryan Salame’s restaurant empire?
- SBF will indeed be prosecuted on campaign finance violations
- SBF’s trial will not be televised
- LK-99 did NOT replicate
Content mentioned in this episode:
- Matt in Coindesk, Congress, Not the SEC, Should Set U.S. Digital Asset Policy
- Zach Wong, A comprehensive explanation of SAB 121 and how it prevents safe crypto custody
- Coin Metrics STATE OF THE NETWORK: DeFi’s Double Edged Sword – Unpacking the Features & Risks of DeFi Lending
- In our new special insights report, we utilize a balance sheet like methodology to contextualize the health of DeFi lending protocols through the lens of two recent exploits on Aave and Curve Finance