Matt and Nic are back with another week of news and deals. In this episode:
- Ryan Salame pleads guilty
- Our thoughts on the latest turn of the Bitcoin security budget debate
- What are the prospects for fees to develop on Bitcoin long term?
- Is blockcspace a race to the bottom?
- Visa adds merchant settlement tools for USDC on Solana
- The significance of Visa’s move toward merchant settlement with stablecoins
- CBOE files for spot Ether ETFs
- We reflect on El Salvador’s Bitcoin law
- The FASB moves to fair value accounting for Bitcoin
- Greenpeace files a comment letter on the GlobalX Bitcoin trust
- Are the ESG tides turning for Bitcoin mining?
- Has El Salvador’s Bitcoin project been a failure?
- Coin Metrics STATE OF THE NETWORK — Evaluating the Market Quality of DeFi collateral
- In Coin Metrics State of the Network Issue 223, we explore predominant collateral types in DeFi lending protocols and evaluate their liquidity & volatility characteristics to determine their desirability as collateral