Matt and Nic return for news and deals of the week. In this episode:
- Nic’s shoe problem
- Web3 merch for OTB?
- The White House releases a report on crypto asset energy usage
- Why the US should encourage mining within its borders
- Coinbase is funding a lawsuit against OFAC
- Binance is converting USDC into BUSD on their platform
- Poolin is having liquidity problems
- Russia considers crypto for cross border payments
- The US Government recovers $30m from the Axie hack
- Gensler keeps firing barbs
- Nic doesn’t buy the supply shock thesis around the Merge
- Will ETH have another high fee era?
- What could an ETH carry trade look like?
- The White House, Climate and Energy Implications of Crypto-Assets in the United States
- Gary Gensler speech at the SEC, Kennedy and Crypto