Matt and Nic return to recap a tumultuous week. In this episode:
- Matt’s ongoing war against the turkeys
- Fidelity thinks the SEC should approve a spot ETF
- The Futures based Bitcoin ETFs are nearing approval
- The SEC stonewalling an ETF is a political choice
- The OpenSea insider scandal
- Elizabeth Warren’s critiques of the industry get more and more specific and niche
- Do we event want to know which tokens are securities according to the SEC?
- Ripple is asking the SEC to compare them to Ethereum
- Solana goes down for 17h
- Our interaction with a blockchain fraudster
- The NYT doesn’t understand cryptography
- Are Bitcoiners cosplayers?
- The Epic games v Apple case has implications for the crypto industry
- Fidelity’s Wise Origin Bitcoin ETF presentation to the SEC on Sep. 8
- This show supported by Coinbase Prime, an integrated solution that provides advanced multi-venue trading, custody, and prime services for institutions. For more information see coinbase.com/prime