Matt and Nic are back for a monster week of deals and news. In this episode:
- CBOE acquires ErisX
- FTX raises a monster round
- Worldcoin launches with their eyeball scanner
- The Proshares futures-based ETF goes live and sets a record
- Why are futures-based ETFs expensive?
- the Proshares ETF starts to max out its futures exposure
- What will be the fate of GBTC?
- Grayscale announces a $1b buyback of GBTC
- Hester Peirce delivers another great talk
- Tether settles with the CFTC
- The academia-press complex
- Diem launches a Novi stablecoin based on USDP
- Why stablecoins are a frontier in the battle over financial privacy
- Facebook leans hard into the metaverse
- Tungsten takes over
- Square makes ASICs
- Why you shouldn’t eat your tungsten cube
- Will CMS intern be able to lift the 7 inch cube?
Content mentioned in this episode
- Bloomberg, First Bitcoin ETF Is Already in Danger of Breaching a Limit on Futures Contracts
- Hester Peirce speech at the Texas Blockchain Summit, Lawless in Austin
- This show supported by Coinbase Prime, an integrated solution that provides advanced multi-venue trading, custody, and prime services for institutions. For more information see coinbase.com/prime