Matt and Nic return for news and deals of the week. In this episode:
- Circle launches an early stage venture fund
- SEC targets American CryptoFed DAO LLC
- The SEC references Nic’s paper on DeFi risks
- Should DeFi teams be more aggressive in disclosing admin key risks?
- What would a DeFi disclosure regime look like?
- BlockFi files for a spot Bitcoin ETF
- Bitwise withdraws its futures-based ETF
- NYC mayor Eric Adams says NYC schools should teach about cryptocurrency
- Miami will airdrop BTC to residents
- Inflation prints at 6.2% annualized
- Why the ‘supply chain’ explanation for inflation obscures the underlying dynamics
- Is inflation really a supply chain issue?
- Real interest rates are as low as they were in the 1970s
- Why we have entered monetary repression
- Discord dithers on Web3
- Could tungsten rods in space improve on nuclear weapons?
Content mentioned in this episode:
- SEC, Statement on DeFi Risks, Regulations, and Opportunities
- Michael Greenwald, The Digital Asset Olympics
- 21Shares, Q3 Report
- Nic Carter and Linda Jeng, DeFi Protocol Risks