Matt and Nic return for another week of news and deals. In this episode:
- Coinbase’s positioning ahead of the ETF
- Cantor CEO Howard Lutnick acknowledges their Tether role
- Where do we stand on cash creation versus in-kind creation for the Bitcoin ETF?
- Coinbase launches an RWA hub in Abu Dhabi
- Kucoin settles with the state of New York
- Do Kwon is staying in Montenegro a bit longer
- Coinlist settles an OFAC violation
- FASB adopts (again?) fair value accounting for Bitcoin
- SBF’s lawyer said he was the “worst witness he’s ever seen”
- The status of Warren’s anti-ML crypto bill
- How potent will the crypto lobby be in 2024?
Content mentioned in this episode:
- Charles Rettig, IRS Digital Assets Plan Would Be a Setback for Taxpayer Services
- Coin Metrics State of the Network’s Q4 2023 Mining Data Special
- In Coin Metrics State of the Network Issue 237, we spotlight crucial developments and data across the mining ecosystem