Andrew Myers and Brock Petersen of Satoshi Energy join the show to cover how Bitcoin mining monetizes renewables. In this episode we cover:
- Andrew and Brock’s origin story
- How Satoshi Energy develops sites and infrastructure for miners
- Is Satoshi Energy explicitly renewable focused?
- How mining with intermittent renewables can be economical
- How Bitcoin mining improves the economics of renewables
- The merits of the behind the meter approach
- How using Bitcoin as an offtake improves the economics of renewable generation assets
- The role of demand response as renewables account for more generation
- Does Bitcoin actually incentivize renewable generation?
- Is the future of Bitcoin mining vertically integrated?
- What does the interconnection queue tell us about the future of renewables?
- Book recommendations
- Compass Mining is the world’s first and largest online marketplace for bitcoin mining hardware, hosting, and ASIC reselling. Start mining your own bitcoin by visiting compassmining.io