Matt and Nic review the stories of the week, featuring John Collins, partner and cofounder of FS Vector, to cover the OCC letter and its implications. Covered in this episode:
- Our Plustoken conspiracy
- Nic’s bird situation
- USDC raises $25m from DCG
- Avanti’s dollar-coin Avit
- Why Pats players keep declaring their intention to sit out the season
- Bitcoin Suisse raises $48.6m
- Polkadot raises $43m
- What tokensales and desert real estate have in common
- FTX is building a DEX on Solana
- Paradigm sponsors a Bitcoin developer
- Why Bitcoin’s patronage system is a competitive advantage relative to other blockchains
- Our predictions on whether this rally will last
- The circular logic inherent in valuations of certain DeFi tokens
- Why distinguishing pseudo equity from cryptocurrency is so important
Content mentioned in this episode:
- Bitcoin Devlist – Sponsor Bitcoin Core Devs on Github!
- Fidelity Digital Assets, Bitcoin Investment Thesis: An Aspirational Store of Value
- Fred Wilson, Is This One For Real?
- Coinbase Institutional, Crypto H1 2020 In Review
Follow John Collins on twitter.