Nic and Matt cover news and deals of the week. In this episode:
- FTX acquires Blockfolio for $150m
- DCG announces a $100m investment in Foundry, a mining subsidiary
- Fidelity files with the SEC for a Bitcoin fund – and what this means for other asset managers
- Why large asset managers have not built products around Bitcoin just yet
- The INX situation explained
- Why security tokens might actually make sense
- The Boston Fed is evaluating 30 different blockchains for their digital dollar project
- Do exchanges owe depositors their forked coins?
- How will NYDFS react to the Wyoming SPDI?
- The Fed signals a more inflationary environment
- Can you use whisky as a SoV?
Content mentioned in this episode:
- Nic in Coindesk, Ethereum’s Fees Mean Choosing Between a World Computer and a Financial Network
- Nic on Medium, Don’t Fear the Reaper
- Bloomberg, Investors Hoard Gold, Bitcoin and Whisky to Soothe Inflation Fear