Matt and Nic return for another week of news and deals. In this episode:
- Geographic distribution for USDC v USDT
- Blockchains have become dollarized
- What’s the deal with Helium’s phone plan?
- SBF heads to jail
- We inaugurate a new member of the bad boys
- Dubai regulators fines OPNX
- What’s up with Argentina’s Libertarian presidential candidate?
- We need a new theme song for the SEC
- The Prometheum saga rumbles on
- What’s going on with Better Markets?
- Coinbase can now offer Bitcoin and ETH futures
- FTX and Genesis reach a settlement
Content mentioned in this episode:
- Brooke Masters in the FT, When Tackling Crypto, the SEC Should Be Wary of Overreach
- Kristin Smith in Coindesk, The FIT Act Is the Most Comprehensive Crypto Regulation Ever Voted on by Congress
- Coin Metrics STATE OF THE NETWORK — From East to West: the Global Pulse of Stablecoin Transactions
- In Coin Metrics State of the Network Issue 220, we leverage seasonality analysis to reveal geographical trends in Stablecoin usage and volumes